1. What is Dynamic DNS service?
The Dynamic DNS service allows you to alias a dynamic
IP address to a static hostname in any of the domain(s)
we offer. It allows your computer to be more easily
accessed from various locations on the Internet.
2. How does our Dynamic DNS service apply to web hosting?
By applying our Dynamic DNS service, you can always
host your FTP Server, Web Server, Mail Server, Game
Server or other TCP/IP services with the Internet
connection even your computer's IP changes all the
3. What does a Mail Exchanger (MX) do?
Mail Exchangers are used for directing mail to specific
servers other than the one a hostname points at.
4. Why it states that my Mail Exchanger (MX) is
MX records cannot be IP addresses or DNS hostnames
created using CNAME records. If you use either an
IP address or a CNAME as a mail exchanger, our system
will treat it as an invalid input.
5. How long does it take to activate the hostname
Normally, updates need 15-20 minutes to propagate
throughout the DNS system. It is possible that propagation
will be longer under extenuating circumstances, but
propagation shouldn't take much more than an hour
at the very most.
6. How can I make my hostname to begin with www?
Please check the Enable Wildcard option if you wish
anything_here.yourhostname.my.net-yan.com (e.g. www.yourhostname.my.net-yan.com)
to point to the same IP address as yourhostname.my.net-yan.com.
7. If you still have any questions related to our Dynamic DNS service, please click here to complete the enquiry form and we shall get back to you shortly.